Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day 25 - June 12 - Elk City to Hinton, OK

Day 25 - June 12 - Elk City to Hinton, OK (65 miles)

Casting Crowns sings a song, "Who Am I?"  A portion of it goes, "Not because of who I am, but because of what you've done.  Not because of what I've done, but because of who You are -- I am a flower quickly fading, here today and gone tomorrow, a wave tossed in the ocean, a vapor in the wind. Still, you hear me when I'm calling; Lord, you catch me when I'm falling, and you've told me who I am --  I am Yours.  I am Yours."  I was listening to this song early this morning as I pedaled across a rolling prairie here in OK.

The God of all the earth, our Creator, our Father; knows and loves us!  He delights in accomplishing His will through us.  How completely awesome that we have the opportunity to serve the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!  How completely amazing is God's grace and love for us -- not because of anything we've done, or who we are -- but because of who God is!  That there are still entire people groups who have not had the opportunity to know this God -- how can we sit passively by and allow the world to live in darkness.  True, we are merely "a vapor in the wind," but the Lord delights in doing amazing things through us -- to God be the glory!

Today we climbed more than 1200 ft over 65 miles.  For most of the morning we had the wind from our right side -- sometimes helping and sometimes wanting to blow us into the traffic.  We made good time today, averaging nearly 15 MPH.  We stopped a few times to refill water bottles.  The heat and humidity is coming earlier each morning.  I had worked up a good sweat by 7:30 AM.  It is expected to be 103 F here in Hinton this afternoon.  If you are looking at our map, then you noticed we came farther today than was scheduled.  This will hopefully allow us to arrive a little earlier tomorrow into OKC, and the Cherokee Hills Christian Church.

Please pray for Brenda, as she'll be flying from Portland to Tulsa tomorrow morning -- hosted by our friends from way back -- John & Julie Wiscaver.

Thank you for praying!
Dave, Luey & Andy



No comments:

Post a Comment