Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 64 - Wilmington, OH (Worship Day)

Day 64 - Wilmington, OH (Worship Day)

What a blessing to worship with my home church, to see the people whom the Lord used to guide me through some difficult growing up years.  What a blessing they have been to us for nearly four decades.  It is an absolute certainty that without WCC, I would certainly NOT be in ministry today and probably wouldn't be alive either!  God is so good!

As I went from SS class to SS class, greeting my church family; I felt the Holy Spirit speaking to me.  As I stood to preach, I knew I needed to forget about the sermon outline, and just share what the Holy Spirit laid upon my heart.  I'm not sure what I said, or if it made any sense at all -- but I was truly overwhelmed by a spirit of gratitude for all that the Lord has done and is doing through WCC!  Praise the Lord!

Later, in the afternoon, Hugh Vance, a fellow with whom I have had great fun for many years, took us boating to Caesar's Creek Lake.  Hugh has a speed boat -- and we hit speeds of 50-60 MPH!  What a blast it was!  COming back to Bill and Janet Vance's home is like coming home for me, since they adopted me into their family when I was still in Jr High.  We spent the even reminiscing, and catching up on what the Vance children are all doing (three of their sons are in ministry).  We all slept very well!

Thank you for praying!
Dave, Luey and Andy





No comments:

Post a Comment