Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 65 - July 22 - Wilmington to Washington CH, OH

Day 65 - July 22 - Wilmington to Washington CH, OH (28 mi)

We said good-bye to the Vance's, who have blessed me more than I have space to write, and set out from the church building.  Dale, the preacher, came early to open the building and pray with us!  Though it was raining, my heart was full as we pedaled through Wilmington.  This community has been through a lot in the last few years, but the Gospel is advancing.

No where is that more evident than in Sabina, just up the road from Wilmington, where my friend from grade school, Troy Villars, preaches.  The church is in the middle of a building campaign -- a complete relocation.  Troy took us to what they're doing, and what they have plans to do!  PTL!

We said good-bye to Troy, and the rain stopped as we rode through Washington Court House (CH), and rode out of town to the east, and Bob and Carol Walisa's home.  They have a beautiful home in the woods, and were wonderful hosts!  Bob and Carol's trees like to make faces at us, though!  Bob goes on a lot of missions trips, so we had much to talk about.

Thanks to Ray Vance, another of my grade school friends, and the preacher at South Side, they already knew all about me.  Most of the stories Ray has told about me, going back to Jr and Sr high, I remember differently.  In fact, in most of the stories, I was nearly completely innocent!  :-)  Ray is in Haiti right now, but the South Side church hosted a fine Gloritrek event, and had a very good crowd out on a Monday evening.  Bob, Luey, Andy and I almost missed the meeting, because we were having too much fun eating and talking!

I'm thinking about the value of retired folks in missions:  what a blessing they can be to the nations!  What a new lease on life the Lord can give them as they serve the Lord cross-culturally!  Ask Bob, he'll tell you how missions has impacted his life!

Thank you for praying!
Dave, Luey and Andy







No comments:

Post a Comment